The Moroccan Association for Computing Machinery was formed by a group of engineers, faculty members, IT professionals and students specialized in computer science, in order to recognize and support ACM activities in Morocco and contribute to the dissemination of the ICPC culture in universities and engineering schools. MACM has launched an effort aimed at increasing the level and visibility of ACM activities across Morocco. The MACM community in Morocco is growing in membership, sponsored conferences and symposia.
The MACM comprises a cross section of the computer science and information technology community committed to increasing the visibility and relevance of ACM in Morocco. The MACM is focused on a wide range of ACM activities, from creating channels to bring more high-quality ACM activities to Morocco; to expanding ACM chapters; to enhancing access to the ACM Digital Library and publications for ACM members in Morocco; to increasing the participation of ACM members in Morocco across all dimensions of ACM. The goals of the MACM are to:
- Serve as a professional network for individuals who are involved with the science and technology of computing.
- Contribute to advancing computing as a science and profession in Morocco.
- Encourage students to take an active interest in the emerging and exciting world of computing.
Founded in 1992, the National School of Computer Science and Systems Analysis, part of the Mohammed V university in Rabat, is known today as one of the biggest engineering schools, not only nationally but internationally as well, thanks to the great quality of formation it provides. ENSIAS has been keeping, for many years now, its position as national leader for information technology formations, based on the deep program it offers in different courses.
After a rigorous selection of elites, ENSIAS forms state engineers having scientific, technological and management skills, enabling them to be ready to take risks and accept challenges in order to face the work field at ease, and get jobs of great importance. ENISIAS’s second mission is to support researches in technology and economy development in Morocco. The school tries every year to improve its formations to attain perfection, its challenges are :
- Take part in the development of Morocco.
- Create partnerships in Europe and North America, for more diversity in terms of the formation.
- diversify the branches for a concentrated formation in one of the most promising domains.